Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6th, 2011

, Here's a link for a talk on patience by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf: http://mormon.org/videos/, click on it and go to the site. It's the video titled "Continue In Patience" at the bottom and it has a picture of a little blonde haired girl! It's a really really good talk or excerpt from it! It's on the mormon.orgwebsite which is one of the only sites we're allowed to get on!
A really quick but awesome insert: We have an investigator being baptized! I can't believe I forgot to mention him to you before this point! His name is Saliym, (you'll recognize his name from the letter to president) We tracted into him when I first got here and was with Elder Hunt! He's being baptized on June 11th and then we're all going to an Elder's Quorum party! Man LIfe is SO GOOD! He's made some amazing progress!! He came to a members home with us last night for a break the fast/dinner appointment/FHE night! It was amazing and he had a great time! Pray for him please in family prayers! His name is pronounced like Saleem, It rhymes with "A Beem"! It's kind of a hard name to get a hold of! To be honest, Elder Hunt, Elder Marlar and I have been misspelling his name for the last 4 months! That's exciting! I'll send you a picture next monday!
I haven't put that thought up on my wall yet, but I still need to and will! I have that quote and a quote from Maximus off of Gladiator that says "What we do now...echoes in eternity!" It's at the beginning! I really like It! Get Austin to say it in a slightly British accent and you wont even need to watch the movie! ;) Naps this year are non existant...well kinda! President said they were being abused last year, so if you need one, take one, and to follow the spirit and use good judgment! We haven't taken one yet, but Saturday would have been a great day to! We were outside all day, working hard, spreading the gospel! That last 3 or 4 days it's been over 100 degrees outside, but all we can do is sing hymns and find people that will let us in because they feel sorry for Elder Marlar who sweats like a sponge! ;) It's hillarious! People get scared when they see him and ask why I'm not sweating! It's not that I'M not sweating, cause I am, it's just that compared to Elder Marlar I'm not! :)
As requests for a package? Hmm...demand that Alec put a letter in it! :) I miss him! Also Elder Marlar said (and I agree) not a whole lot of sweets! Maybe a couple pictures that were taken recently, but not of the nieces! I told them I don't wanna see them until I get home!
Oh Oh Oh, Dad, Dad Dad! Have you ever tried a Crawfish? I had some at a members house and they're AMAZING! You don't get a whole lot of meat per fish, but man I loved them. The whole meal I was saying, "Oh man my dad would LOVE this!" It was authentic, Cajun Crawfish! So So good! Plus it reminded me of all the times we ate sea food without Brad, because of course, he wouldn't like it! ;)
Justin doodles! Good luck with the fund raiser! You'll have to try hard to beat my record ;) but the McKeens have always sold more than anybody in that fundraiser...thanks to our wonderful mother and father! They took the sheets to work and got tons of people to buy some! You get so many many orders that way! Mom, if Justin doesn't read this, do what you did with me and FORCE him to call people! That's the best way for sure! I gotta go though! Kristen, thanks so much for the emails each week! Sorry I don't write back much, but I LOVE hearing about you and Jared doing missionary work, and about Kaylee's early training at motherhood! I LOVE IT!
Thanks for the package and the PooPoo paper! I got it at a Zone Meeting and the Elders around me (me included) loved it! MAN I love you so much! I love you all so much! Sorry for the last couple weeks of me whining! I'm doing so well, plus we're playing racquetball with our bishop and ward mission leader! Life is Awesome! I love being a missionary and spreading the gospel! This RESTORED GOSPEL IS SO SO TRUE!
I gotta go mom! I love you!
Your boy, Elder McKeen

No comments:

Post a Comment