Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday, February 28th, 2011

CONNOR'S COMING HOME TO ME!!!! The Texas, Fort Worth mission! Yay!! Connor I was screaming when I found out where you're going! Even though I'll never see you! HOW FREAKING EXCITING!

Holy Guacomole! It sounds like you've had a fun and exciting week! WITH SNOW!!! BLAST!! I'm jealous! The weather her is for the most part still amazing, but I love snow so much!!!! I can't believe Cristi's home from the mission!!! So weird! How is she? I miss her muchly! Congratulations AUNTIE DEBBIE!!!!! and Weatherhead familia!

Funny story for the week: Elder Hunt and I were going to visit a Less Active to set up an appointment for later in the week. It was 7:30ish and we knocked on his door a couple times. After no answer we started to write a note on a pass along card to leave on the clip by his door, when all the sudden we hear "Who is it?" Really harshly behind the door. (There were no peep holes in the door for him to see us) We said we were the missionaries, and we heard a sigh of relief. He opens the door, and this LA member is in a towel, dripping, with a samurai sword! He says "Ya'll almost had a big problem on your hand!" His neighbors can get roudy and crazy so he was being prepared! CRAZY!!!

Another cool story: We were in the same neighborhood a little later that week, and we stopped by this guy who was fixing his car. He took a couple minutes to meet with us but we could tell he wasn't interested, but we just kept asking and talking. After a bit, he said he was Presbyterian, and I introduced us a Members of the Church or Mormons, he said, "That's really cool you say that proudly, like you're proud to be a member." I said thanks and felt pretty good! Cool story, although we only left him with a card. Little seeds here, and little seeds there! I starting to realize that a HUGE part of our work as missionaries, is to give people a good feeling about us if they don't want to learn more, and plant seeds EVERYWHERE!!!

Sidenote: Mom, Pineapples take 18 months to grow fully! Payden and I wanted to grow one but we wouldn't have it done by the time we left for our missions, so if you want something to do, and I would LOVE IT! Grow a pineapple, or, start it in 4ish months, so we can eat it when I get home. I thought of it and it'd be a good thing to take the time away. PLEASE DO IT! I'll remind you later.

JUSTIN: I'm putting your little section here at the middle, so PLEASE READ THIS K? I know how much you love writing letters, and how much you LOVE receiving them from me, yes handwritten letters! I thought of a deal we can make while I was riding on the bike this last week. (We have lots of time, I learned to whistle while riding my bike that I love, but now I'm memorizing scriptures in the little 10 minute sections we have while riding) So you love letters from me, and I PROMISE YOU, that if you will read just ONE chapter from the Book of Mormon everyday, for 5 out of the 7 days of the week, then I will write you a hand written letter on P-Day! Cool huh? I'll send one to you today, to get this deal under way, so you'll get it wednesday probably. A couple rules though: You must start at the beginning, and read the chapter after you read the day before! No skipping around, finding the short chapters. If you come across a short chapter, that's all you have to read. Also, if you read 5 out of the 7 days of the week for 3 weeks IN A ROW, then I'll write you a THREE page letter. So there is an incentive to not miss a week. Pretty cool huh? So just make sure you sit down for only 10 or 15 mintues A DAY, for 5 days of the week, and read a chapter in the book of mormon. I Wanna write you a letter, so please do it! I PROMISE as a missionary, if you don't miss a week, I won't miss a week! Unless you've been going for 12 weeks straight, cause I can't write a 12 page letter! DO IT DUDE! I know you can! You'll grow closer to our Heavenly Father by reading and feel his love for you. You'll also grow closer to me, because you'll be getting letters from me. PS: It doesn't matter if you're going on vacation, or tired, or at a friend's house, or traveling, or whatever. Find 10 minutes in the car to read ONE chapter a day for 5 days of the 7 in a week. Wow, hopefully I've pounded that enough in your head! I wanna write letters to you, so DO IT! It'll give me one more thing to look forward to each week!

Man, missionary work is awesome! It's hard, really hard! But awesome! I love those days where I'm just so excited to grow, and to work! Wanna hear a funny joke a Recent Convert told me? How do you make a bunny happy?..........Give him a slide ruler and a pencil so they can multiply!!!! BAHAHAHAH!

Mother of mine! Thanks so much for the package! I got it saturday night, and was kinda bummed cause of no mail, but walked to the apartment and it was outside the door! EEEH!!! So exciting! We had muffins this morning for breakfast!

Miracle of the week: While I was on exchanges (BLAST), Elder hunt and Elder Hugentobler were tracting, and they ran into a woman named Sister Martinez! She's a member, but had moved and couldn't find the church. Her husband isn't a member, her 19 year old daughter is baptized, and her 9 year old daughter isn't. She was THRILLED and had prayed that God would guide someone to her to help her find the LDS chapel her in Baytown. She came to most of church yesterday, and we're teaching and preparing her 9 year old daughter for baptism tomorrow! So exiting huh?!!!! YIPPEEE!!! God loves us so much! So So much! Remember that all of you! 3 Nephi 14:9-11

Okay, I love all of you, but now I have a goal and a plee for you! As I've been looking back on memories that I miss from home, and stuff I remember, I was drawn, as I was at our Ward Conference this week, to the memories of us reading the Book of Mormon as a family. I realized how much, although I was asleep some times, and tired and mad, how much those times as a family meant to me. I think about them a lot and miss them. WILL YOU, Family at home, Mom, Dad, Justin and Kimberly, read just one chapter from the Book of Mormon each day, maybe not everyday, but on the weekdays? I miss those times so much and I long for you to have them like I did. It's so so so important to have those bonding times around the scriptures as a family, and not that I'm not there, and Brad, Kristen and Angie aren't there, there are less people to get in the same place and time. It's only gonna get harder, so establishing the habit now is important. I remember Angie challenging us to have FHE each week while she was gone, and I remember, WE DID, mostly, maybe missed a couple, but we did really well! So please just try! You have no idea how much those memories mean to me now.

Kimberly: How is school going and your tryouts and performances! You're crazy ya know that? I saw the email you sent and just laughed and laughed! I love you and Justin so so much! Keep staying sweet and small and amazing! I love you!

Dadio: I'm writing you a letter, and am half way done, so I'll get it sent to you today.

Mom: Keep the Faith! I love you and pray for the family every single day! Love you!

Your son, Elder McKeen

No comments:

Post a Comment