Thursday, February 10, 2011

Letter #3

Hi Everyone

First of all, I learned something pretty stinkin cool! I always wondered why you don't hear much about the 12 that Christ calls in the Book of Mormon. You hear about the apostles A TON! Then I realized,they're not apostles like they are in the Bible! They're disciples exactly like me! Called to teach baptize and confirm. JUST LIKE ME! They couldn't be apostles over here in the BoM or else there would be 24 apostles! Cool!

Next thing! I have a favor to ask, From everybody who reads this! I've been trying to think of ways to further serve my companion, and I thought. He gets letters a good amount, but he's the first one in his family, besides his dad to serve a mission, so he doesn't have as much support as me! If any time you and everybody else who reads this are gonna sit down and write me a letter, instead of writing me write one to my Comp. His name is Elder Hunt and he could use all the letters he can get. He's really new to learning and stuff, he's been a member his whole life but has been surrounded by crap and filth. He's really ignorant about the gospel but has so much faith! So even if it's just a short letter could you write him? It's the same address, just his name! That would help me love him more, which takes some patience sometime. Thank you much!

Also, I have two letters I'm gonna send home but that need to be given to G-Ma (I don't have her address) and Kristen & Jared for Kristen's b-day. She didn't have an address so I couldn't get it to here without you dear momma!

You have the package down awesome! I do need just a couple more things. I had some Puritan short sleeved sunday shirts I was wondering if you could send me. No long sleeve, just short sleeved. They should be sized 16 and once again they are Puritan white dress shirts.

Here's a really cool story I feel will make you and the family proud. We were in our district here during MDT time, and one of the elders asked if I wanted to go do something that probably wasn't as productive as it should be. I was just gonna go study and was gonna respond but one of the other elders looked at me and said, "Wait, Elder McKeen doesn't like to waste time, he wont go." He said it in a really mocking way but it made me feel good. The next day the same thing happened except he said "Well we have Mr. Follow-the-rules here" which again made me feel good! I'm perfectly fine being made fun of because I follow the rules to the T!

Another funny story, we were in our District class being taught by Bro. Vallett, and these construction workers passed by and told us they'd be drilling in the next room over so it might be a bit loud. We all expected maybe a little power drill, like a fly that was annoying, but he was teaching all the sudden we hear this INSANELY LOUD NOISE! As it got louder and louder, my teacher did as well until he was YELLING about the restored gospel, trying to be heard over the loud noise! Elder Gifford and I were cracking up so so bad! We couldn't breath! Funny story! Mom, the picture of me with the other elder in for Katelyn! That's her brother and she wanted a picture of him with me so we took two, one flexing and one not. If you get a chance,could you either get it to her through an email or just a print out, what ever's easiest!

Dad! Holy Guacamole and Onions how I love your letters! (punch) Getting them in the mail allows me more time to respond in emails! Thanks for the story about the car this week! Sometimes I feel like that, I'm on the edge of collapsing but really just need a tune up. We taught at the TEC last week and that was HARD! I left almost crying because I felt like such a failure of a missionary, but I'm doing ok! By the way, if you ever want a really cool study topic, Elder Gifford and I studied and more speculated about the Adamic language that we think must have been the language at the tower of Babel and the unconfounded language of the jaredites in Ether. We also talked a lot about the Urim and Thummim that was given to the Bro. Of Jared and how it made it's way to Joseph Smith (Bible Dictionary says it's the same one) through the final battle of Shiz and Coriantumer, and made it's way to King Limhi's people in Mosiah I think chapter 8! If you haven't, look over that! It's really cool to see these two small rocks mentioned in random verses, make their way to JS, also studying the Breastplate they're in!

Momma! Thanks for being so amazing! I feel like I'm just here to tell you what I need and to have you do it, but know that I love you with all my heart and I'm glad to have you as my mommy!

Really quick, I need you to check out my America first Debit account

love you

No comments:

Post a Comment